The Process & Implementation Administrator - DMPG coordinates training curriculum for current systems and future upgrades. Recommends enhancements, conducts problem analysis and troubleshooting. Acts as a liaison between DMPG Operations and DMPG Quality. Functions as an analyst in the training and support of systems designed for clinical practice EMR and/or physician practice management objectives. Responsible for formulating training material based on established workflow standards and also delivering associated training classes. Training may also be related to level 1 support procedures as defined by IT. Participates in planning, design, configuration, testing, implementation, and on-going support of clinical / PM systems. Responsible for developing and delivering initial and on-going employee education to support new and existing clinical / PM system. Serves as liaison to users and the IT department. Investigates solutions to issues and presents recommendations to management. Considers the business and clinical implications of technology to the current business environment.
- Develops training curriculum for DMPG applications as directed by DMPG leadership
- Enhances existing Clinical/PM Systems
- Implement new Systems
- Develops technical competencies
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
- Builds, updates and maintains all training applications, as directed by the IT Applications Administrator.
- Develops and conducts educational classes and curricula to educate clinical Super-Users on various clinical systems, specific Physician Practice systems.
- Maintains educational documentation to fulfill competency requirements on system usage required for JCAHO and other accreditation agencies.
- Uses authorized troubleshooting methods and tools to resolve system issues. This includes meeting with customers, analyzing problems, and coordination solutions with other analysts within IT and/or the vendor.
- Partners with customer departments/Physician Practices to deploy service delivery model and super user concept
- Develops and conducts educational classes and curricula to educate clinical users on various clinical systems and specific departmental systems. Maintains educational documentation to fulfill competency requirements on system usage required for regulatory and other accreditation agencies.
- Responsible for implementation of feedback mechanisms/systems to ensure appropriate levels of security, reliability, quality and clinical user satisfaction are maintained.
- Assumes on-call support for all information systems on a rotational basis.
- Presents ideas for improvement to EMR Committee leadership and Implementation Administrator in conjunction with user areas. Offer solutions on how to improve workflow.
- Document all system modifications and enhancements and updates training material as needed.
- Ensure that all changes are tested and that sign off is obtained from the user department. Ensure users are educated on all changes.
- Facilitate communication to/between Nursing, Physicians, other clinical staff, and other non-clinical areas. Attend inter-department committee meetings as an IT representative.
- May be involved in various projects and performs project tasks within time frame of the plan. Prepare simple written plans for tasks as required.
- Keep abreast of innovations in workflow best practices and training; make recommendations on new systems and solutions.
- Possess the aptitude to grasp basic to intermediate and technology concepts that will facilitate troubleshooting, design, training, and system effectiveness.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or relevant discipline and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- Combination of Associates Degree in Clinical discipline or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 years experience with training, curriculum development and support of physician practice management/EMR or related applications
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- Experienced in accessing configuration data
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Displays competence in comprehending intermediate to advanced database, integration, and technology concepts that will facilitate troubleshooting, design, and system build effectiveness.
- Possesses or quickly develops an understanding of the application database
- Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public-speaking, and in writing
- Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Skill and ability to plan and organize and manage multiple projects
- Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
- Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledge and skill to gather and summarize data from multiple sources and analyze using common statistical functions
- Skill and ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Skill and ability to lead and take initiative
Reports to: Director EMR/Quality
Positions Supervised: Implementation Specialist-DMPG
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed