Responsible for receiving, researching, resolving and responding to all incoming telephone calls and walk-in customers with questions, requests or complaints.
1. Handles all incoming customer inquiries regarding patient accounts by identifying the question, researching problem or complaint for answer or solution and initiating corrective action if required.
2. Providing customer with timely response.
3. Handles calls professionally and in a timely manner.
4. Takes a minimum of 25% of the total daily calls.
5. Investigates disputed charges with appropriate department and requests required adjustments.
6. Enforces collection policy when making payment arrangements on accounts.
7. Documents all accounts clearly, concisely and professionally of all activity.
8. Make inquiries to patients and/or insurance companies to resolve account balances.
9. Maintains and keeps Patient Account Manual current with all updates and revisions.
10. Adheres to all customer service policies and procedures.
11. Maintains a minimum of 6.5 hours on telephone.
12. Follows policy guidelines to request medical records
13. Notifies Assistant Manager/Manager of any significant problems with, customers, computers or daily issues.
14. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
15. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
1. High School Graduate
2. Must have basic computer and office equipment skills.
3. Two years medical office experience.
4. Hospital and physician collection and billing experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Must be able to work independently.
3. Demonstrate good decision making skills.
4. Performs other duties assigned timely and completely.
5. Maintains a willingness to cooperate with and be courteous to other hospital personnel, patients and visitors Hospital and physician collection and billing experience preferred.
6. Bi-lingual preferred
7. Must be able to perform skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
8. Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.