Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
Responsible for a variety of duties which involve development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive health care system for patients. Also, provides clinical assessment of the patient’s condition. Develops, Implements, and evaluates policies and procedures related to nursing to ensure optimal patient care. Develops, schedules, and coordinates training programs for staff growth and development in the assigned unit(s).
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Master’s Degree in Nursing from of an accredited school of nursing
· Three years job related experience.
· Current Georgia license to practice as a registered nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse.
· OR Department: CNOR certification within 1 year of hire required.
· Additional required qualifications include computer skills in MS Word and MS Excel.
· Preferred qualifications include experience in directing, teaching and supervising nursing personnel.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Demonstrates professionalism and strong work ethic
· Demonstrates leadership skills
· Strong customer relation skills
· Excellent verbal/written English communication skills
· Ability to make decisions, solve problems and apply professional judgment
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
· Ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
· Ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
· Evidence of strong clinical expertise to assist staff in assessing patient care and ensuring proper management.
· Possess intermediate computer skills
· Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
· Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.