The Registrar is responsible for performing registration, admission, pre-admission, reception and discharge functions for all patients having services rendered throughout the healthcare system. Works closely with all Patient Access and Revenue Cycle staff, Case Management, Nursing Services, Surgical Services, Labor and Delivery, Imaging Services and Emergency Department Clinical staff.
1. Obtains complete and accurate patient demographic information, selects the correct insurance plan and enter information completely and accurately into the Allscripts system.
2. Appropriately interprets physician orders, medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining superior service excellence.
3. Adheres with all state and federal regulations such as EMTALA and HIPPA requirements and appropriately collects co-payments and deductibles from patients.
4. Determine and verify patients' insurance coverage and eligibility for services as well as understand admission types.
5. Maintains appropriate monthly quality assurance accuracy rate as determined by the department
6. Completes all required annual hospital and quarterly departmental training requirements in a timely manner.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High School Education
· Associate Degree preferred.
· 2-3 years of job related experience preferred
· CPAR preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the healthcare systems insurance verification application (HDX), document imaging system (Sovera), Medicare verification system (Allscripts) and various other registration applications
· Knowledge of Third Party payers, billing requirements, and reimbursement methods
· Knowledge of medical terminology physician orders
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Professional appearance
· Good PC software skills
· Knowledge of multi-registration and front-end processing
· Handle incoming calls professionally and timely
· Understanding of role as initiator of patient records
· Understands the revenue cycle process.