DeKalb Medical is hiring for a Nurse Manager (RN) for Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) near Atlanta.
The full time Nurse Manager Job in our LTAC is responsible for the management and direction of the operational, personnel and financial activities of an assigned patient care unit(s). The Nurse Manager also assigns duties to professional nursing personnel based on knowledge of individual unit needs, established standards of care and resource utilization in order to provide high quality care and achieve desired outcomes. Provides leadership and is responsible for the implementation and adherence to operational policies and procedures.
The Nurse Manager provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
NURSE MANAGER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
In collaboration with system leadership, the Nurse Manager:
- Directs and supports the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of delivery of care for assigned unit(s)
- Assures the effectiveness of the unit-based shared decision-making model through assessing individual staff members’ development and skills, assuring appropriate plans for skill development are in place, and evaluating outcomes against identified goals
Manages unit staff within established budget to facilitate effective services as follows:
- Interviews, selects, trains, and supervises unit staff
- Oversees payroll and time and attendance for assigned staff, including monitoring overtime and productivity
- Participates in budget development and monitors unit budget
- Ensures effective use of unit resources and assesses the need for additional staff, equipment, and services
- Actively participates in setting, monitoring and achieving goals and performance standards for the unit
- Upholds unit performance standards and evaluates staff performance, making recommendations for personnel actions and motivation of employees to achieve superior performance
- Maintains operational reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes
- Works collaboratively with Support Services management and staff to ensure appropriate patient care and efficient workflow
- Provides leadership in organizing a response to a crisis and/or disaster
- Maintains a steady state of disaster preparedness
- Participates in professional organizations and activities which promote growth and development
- Attends meetings and actively participates on nursing and interdisciplinary committees
- Promotes and facilitates continuous quality improvement activities to ensure the provision and improvement of safe and quality patient care
- Supports institutional compliance with all regulatory requirements and standards of practice, including The Joint Commission and CMS
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
NURSE MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) required Current GA Licensure as a Registered Nurse BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
- Experienced in directing, teaching, and supervising nursing personnel Additional certifications may be required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrates professionalism and strong work ethic
- Proven leadership skills Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and motivate staff and develop relationships across units.
- Strong customer relation skills
- Excellent verbal/written English communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and apply professional judgment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
- Self-directed and innovative Evidence of strong clinical expertise to assist staff in assessing patient care and ensuring proper management.
- Demonstrates awareness of cultural diversity in interacting with others.
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
The Nurse Manager is a critical role for us in the Long Term Acute Care Facility. At DeKalb Medical, we pride ourselves on having a culture of teamwork, trust and employee satisfaction.
Are you interested in becoming an Nurse Manager in DeKalb Medical's LTAC? Then, apply today by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.