DeKalb Medical is hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) for Inpatient Wound Care Full Time Day Shift near Atlanta.
The WOC Nurse utilizes the nursing process to evaluate, direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients with wound, ostomy and continence needs in a safe and proficient manner and develops an individual patient treatment plan. Develops individualized teaching plans for patients and nursing staff as needed. Directs and guides staff in provision of care of patients who fall into therapist area of expertise. This position collaborates with all health care professionals to optimize patient outcomes. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Assesses patient's condition, including biophysical, psychosocial, age specific needs, and safety needs
- Collaborates with other health care team members in formulating plan to ensure optimum patient outcomes and continuity of care
- Participates in educating and orienting new staff members related to WOC needs
- Participates in quarterly Prevalence and Incidence Studies for continuous monitoring of skin care
- Participates in quarterly workshops to educate patient care staff and ensure competency
- Participates with trials of new products to optimize outcomes and minimize costs
- Monitors and evaluates patient status, appropriateness of the treatment plan of care, and outcomes of the care provided
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital procedure, including patient and family instruction as well as discharge planning
- Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities to ensure the provision and improvement of safe and quality patient care
- Participates in supporting the facility's mission statement and values and adheres to the systems standards of behavior
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school
- Registered Nurse (RN)/ Current GA Licensure
- Completed WOCN Program accredited by WOCN Nursing Society
- CWON required
- CWOCN preferred from WOCNB Accreditation
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served
- Ability to work at a rapid pace with numerous interruptions and able to cope with stressful conditions
- Demonstrates tact, versatility, and dependability
- High degree of self-motivation and directional initiative
- Excellent customer service skills and strong drive to provide compassionate care
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with ability to effectively communicate technical information to patients and families
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
This Registered Nurse is a critical role for us in Inpatient Wound Care. At DeKalb Medical, we pride ourselves on having a culture of teamwork, trust and employee satisfaction.
Are you interested in becoming an RN with DeKalb Medical's Inpatient Wound Care? Then, apply today by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.