Job Summary: Delivers supplies and equipment to patient care areas efficiently, accurately, and punctually. Maintains the computerized inventory system in a timely and accurate manner. Plans, organizes, and controls movement of supplies and equipment throughout the healthcare system. Receives, stores, and accurately issues all items stored in inventory (stock). Processes (from decontamination to terminal cleaning) all reusable patient item, equipment, and/or carts and returning them to clean storage or user department.
- Maintains adequate supply levels on all assigned patient pars and patient care areas (nursing units, surgery, emergency, etc.).
- Replenishes all par supply areas in a neat and orderly fashion utilizing proper stock rotation.
- Coordinates and facilitates the exchange of supply/code carts.
- Appropriately inventories and replenishes supply exchange/code carts using counts sheets and storeroom request forms.
- Appropriately handles supplies and equipment to ensure sterility and infection control.
- Controls and issues patient care equipment (suction machines, etc.) – ensures that equipment is clean, available, and in fully operational condition.
- Handles communication from patient care floors and user department.
- Performs, and/or aids in cleaning of supply storerooms as scheduled and as needed.
- Assists clinical staff with identification of supplies and available alternatives, when requested.
- Performs periodic inventories to prove the accuracy of the supply chain system.
- Receives, inspects, verifies, and accepts/rejects all supplies and equipment delivered to the user department/organization.
- Accurately utilizes/processes all necessary paperwork/documentation, such as packing slips, bills of lading, receiving reports, control copies, pick tickets, and logs.
- Prepares all items for return shipment and coordinates this with the user department and materials coordinator or purchasing
- Accurately prepares and processes all inventory documentation pertaining to storage and distribution of supplies, including delivery slips, receiving reports, stock issue requisition, return-to-stock credits, return to vendors etc.
- Maintains neat and accurate files; maintains a neat and clean work environment; and use good clean storage and distribution techniques.
- Performs proper location, rotation, identification, documentation, and organization of supplies.
- Handles and store sterile supplies to protect the integrity of the sterility.
- Notifies the manager or materials coordinator when supply levels fall below reorder points or critically low levels.
- Performs distribution/delivery of supplies on a scheduled basis.
- Ensures that proper patient charge sticker is attached to patient chargeable supplies when necessary.
- Consults directly with clinical/nursing staff in assigned areas to determine the need for additions or deletions in relations to the par level system.
- Correctly fills all requisition from user departments.
- Communicates and/or forwards information pertaining to critical back-order situations to the department materials coordinator and/or department leadership.
- Completes duties in a timely/efficient manner, prioritize responsibilities to ensure completion of duties, and demonstrates knowledge of overall function of the Central Distribution Department.
- Accepts responsibility for own growth and development through in-services, required programs, and continuing education courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public-speaking, and in writing.
- Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions.
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change.
- Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Skill and ability to gather and summarize data from multiple sources.
- Skill and ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Skill and ability to lead and take initiative.
- Skill and ability to handle balance a changing workload.
- Skill and ability to be flexible and adaptable in an evolving environment.
- Skill and ability to properly escalate issues to department leadership.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
A high school diploma (or GED) and two years of job related experience is required. Basic Knowledge of computer, office equipment, and inventory control system