DeKalb Medical is hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Coordinator for the ICU Full Time Night Shift near Atlanta.
The full-time Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Nurse is responsible for supervising the day to day nursing activities within a unit/department for an assigned shift while ensuring high quality care and customer service. The Nurse Clinical Coordinator assesses plans, facilitates and evaluates the coordination of patient care according to organizational policies and procedures.
The full-time Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Supervises and assists staff in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation
- Establishes work schedules and assignments for staff according to patient census and acuity, space and equipment availability
- Ensures that equipment is in working order and that supply levels are maintained appropriately
- Monitors and evaluates patient status, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care, and outcomes of the care provided. Intervenes in identified patient problems and seeks resolution
- Performs duties of Registered Staff Nurse as needed
- Serves as a clinical resource and assists staff in clinical role based on staffing needs
- Provides regular feedback to the patient care team to foster engagement and personal growth
- Assists the Nurse Manager in the performance evaluation of assigned staff Communicates immediate concerns related to staff performance to Nurse Manager
- Facilities and collaborates with healthcare team to ensure coordination of unit activity and effective and efficient interdisciplinary care
- Acts as liaison to internal and external personnel, patients, medical and nursing staff, and hospital administration
- Responsible for Joint Commission compliance during assigned shift
- Participates in professional organizations and activities which promote growth and development
- Manages the Nursing Unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to and exhibits DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Current GA Licensure
Experienced in directing, teaching, and supervising nursing personnel
BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
Additional certifications may be required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Demonstrates professionalism and strong work ethic
Demonstrates leadership skills
Strong customer relation skills
Excellent verbal/written English communication skills
Ability to make decisions, solve problems and apply professional judgment
Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
Ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
Ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Evidence of strong clinical expertise to assist staff in assessing patient care and ensuring proper management
Possess intermediate computer skills
Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable
Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served
This Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator position is a critical role in our ICU Unit. At DeKalb Medical, we pride ourselves on having a culture of teamwork, trust and employee satisfaction.
Are you interested in becoming an RN in DeKalb Medical's ICU Unit? Then, apply today by contacting email@example.com.