The Department Secretary is responsible of all secretarial/clerical duties within a department.
1. Serves as focal communication source.
2. Responsible for maintenance of the Time and Attendance (TACS) for non-exempt employees.
3. Orders and maintains supplies
4. Participates in activities which promote growth and development.
Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High school diploma and one or more year’s general office/clerical experience or previous experience as a Unit Secretary.
· Proficiency with computers particularly with word processing, data entry, Internet, and window applications.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Functions independently
· Organizes time, supplies efficiently and effectively.