Job Summary: To Perform a variety of scheduling activities and functions in accordance with the Imaging Services’ policies and procedures for outpatient healthcare services. Schedulers must obtain complete and accurate patient demographic and insurance information, schedule the correct procedures, identify procedures requiring pre-certification, and enter information into scheduling system.
1. Collects all sociological, medical and financial information accurately.
2. Enters insurance information accurately and completely.
3. Maintains a good working relationship with physicians and their staff.
4. Maintains a good working relationship with hospital staff.
5. Remain current with outpatient procedure knowledge.
6. Maintain patient confidentiality.
7. Good written, verbal and communication skills.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of Dekalb Medical.
9. Maintain acceptable productivity standards.
10. Provide service excellence during every encounter or when providing internal/external customer service.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
High school graduate or equivalent required
Medical Terminology preferred
Working knowledge of Imaging Services stronly preferred