Oversee maintenance and administration of heterogeneous network environment including local and wide area network equipment, public networks, enterprise servers and virtual servers, storage technology, backup technologies, enterprise mail systems, and other non-application layer computing equipment. Perform a variety of evaluation, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting for these infrastructure components.
Responsible for participating in team-based architecture design sessions to assure the network infrastructure conforms to overall business requirements, security/privacy standards, and existing/emerging industry standards. A significant portion of the administrator’s job will be implementation and associated project work for new and/or upgraded projects. Project work will include effective task and activity estimates, adherence to project management procedures, and ownership of quality, financial, and timeline commitments.
Network Administrators will also be responsible for participating in team-based support services to ensure a highly reliable technical infrastructure.
* 90% of Responsibilites related to Systems Infrastructure!
1. Achieving and maintaining certifications as defined by IT management.
2. Maintains, manages, supports, and participates in architecting the following:
a. Microsoft Active Directory including user and resource management.
b. Microsoft and Linux server operating system troubleshooting and patch management.
c. Enterprise backup/restore technology maintenance and processes (NetBackup and EMC Avamar).
d. Cisco US/UCS virtualization and voice technologies.
e. Lotus Notes administration.
f. Storage management (EMC SAN and NAS).
g. Wired and wireless equipment, switches, and routers (Cisco).
h. Other technologies as implemented by Dekalb IT.
3. Administration, support, and maintenance of IT Security tools and infrastructure that support Dekalb’s Information Security Program.
4. Documents issues and resolutions and track calls using Remedy System and follow up with users on open tickets per department defined processes.
5. Maintain technical documentation of networks, systems and associated architecture.
6. Adheres to change management standards and processes.
7. Supports and works to continuously improve the service model for technical services and IT overall.
8. Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
9. Participates on project including end-users and applications projects as defined by IT management. Comply with project management standards when managing or participating in IT projects. Successfully estimates, updates estimates, monitor task compliance, and reports on projects as defined by DeKalb Medical IT PMO practices.
10. Continuously displays initiative toward expanding knowledge, assisting in architecture, improving support services, and obtaining certifications. Works on objective-based assignment resulting in minimal supervision to achieve the goals of the project and department.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Bachelor degree in computer science, math, or a related discipline, or equivalent.
· 6 years of infrastructure support experience required.
· 6 years of IT experience required.
· Or, equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Preferred Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Advanced degree in a technology or business discipline.
· Cisco and Microsoft certification preferred.Dell server maintenance certification preferred.
· CISSP or other IT Security certification preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public-speaking, and in writing
· Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
· Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
· Skill and ability to plan and organize and manage multiple projects
· Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
· Skill and ability to manage internal and external relationships
· Skill and ability to lead and take initiative
· Knowledge of a IT help desk and computing environment