1. Responsible for the purchase and coordination of materials used within the operating room
2. Coordinates delivery dates with budgetary constraints to procure surgery materials
3. Provides customer service to assigned areas, ensuring all supply needs are met.
4. Communicates via email, phone, face to face with clinical/non-clinical staff, management, physicians and vendors ensuring all supply needs are met in a timely and complete manner.
5. Assists with the preparation of annual and mid-year surgery inventory.
6. Processes the return of unneeded stock and non-stock items with
7. Serves as liaison between Hillandale, O.R., SPD., GI, and North Decatur O.R.
8. Remove any defective devices from assigned location and call vendor customer service line to receive replenishment device or receive a credit.
9. Place purchase orders using Lawson program and monitor back-orders, manage lead times for no-stock items and communicate with buyers and/or vendors as needed to expedite supplies.
10. Assists Purchasing department with Implant data log for Total Joints monthly.
11. First line contact for sales reps entry to OR. Interacts with sales representatives as needed to promote positive relationships with vendors.
12. Assists Surgical Services Business Analyst in monthly justification of department expenditures.
13. Participates as needed with annual budget preparation and evaluation of equipment utilized in the OR.
14. Orders/Coordinates with Clinicians to provide special material needs/preferences for Surgeons.
15. Arranges/coordinates return of unused/obsolete supplies, equipment, or implants in a timely manner.
16. Coordinates the ordering and distribution of allograft tissue with Tissue Bank Lab.
17. Maintains the Frozen tissue logbook and Tissue Tracking program.
18. Supports the overall cost containment program of the operating room and makes appropriate recommendations to achieve this goal.
19. Accepts responsibility for own growth and development through inservices, required programs, and continuing education.
20. Utilizes information systems programs to procure, document, and maintain existing and new inventory.
21. Assists with annual surgery inventory as needed.
22. Prioritizes and coordinates surgery equipment repair with Biomed Department in timely manner.
23. Assists/Coordinates product recalls per policy.
24. Communicates effectively to resolve account conflicts with Finance Department.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Licensed Practical Nurse, Surgical Technologist, Surgery Instrument/Supply Tech
· Minimum of 3 years experience in Surgical Services or materials management
· Effective communication skills with staff, physicians, sales, and manufacturing companies
· Knowledge of central sterile processing systems and related equipment
· Extremely good organizational skills
· Cost-containment oriented
· Accurate Basic Math skills
· Attention to detail