The cashier is responsible for accurately and efficiently collecting money for items purchased in the retail operation and for maintaining a neat and clean environment for the customers. The cashier is expected to provide excellent customer service in the retail operation at all times and serve as an example to the other cashiers.
- Accurately rings up items for purchase and collect payment from the customer
- Assists with food service as needed and perform other regularly assigned duties in the cafeteria
- Keeps trays, paper items and condiments stocked and neat in appearance
- Removes trash and performs general cleaning of surfaces, food lines and dining tables and any other area needed
- Stocks condiments, beverages, coolers, disposables and anything as else needed and properly stores it all
- Provides excellence in customer service through courteous and timely delivery
- Handles hot pans of food
- Ensures proper rotation of stock
- Adheres to temperature and sanitation standards
- Follows sanitary and safe work procedures in performing tasks.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High school diploma or vocational training in food service
- Minimum of 3 years of institutional food service experience or working with a cash register
- Basic knowledge of computerized cash handling systems
- Demonstrates required competencies
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability in accounting and computer skills with pleasant phone manners
- Professional appearance and organizational skills
- Ability to see, read, write and speak and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and distinctly in English
- Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public speaking, and in writing
- Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast paced environment
- Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
- Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Skill and ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks
Reports to: Group Lead/ Retail Supervisor/Retail Manager/Director
Positions Supervised: none
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed