The Front Office Assistant represents the physician office through interactions with all patients and visitors while accurately handling the flow of patient care and all monetary transactions.
1. Maintains accurate patient information in all charts and the computer system by updating patient demographic information.
2. Maintains neat and organized patient files.
3. Coordinates referrals (if applicable).
4. Efficiently answers phones and take accurate and timely messages.
5. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
6. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High School Diploma and one or more years of medical office experience.
· One (1) year of medical office experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Ability to bend, stoop, stand or squat
· Ability to work at heights of 24 to 40 inches
· Ability to hear alarms, call bells, phones and intercoms
· Ability to see, hear and write
· Ability to communicate effectively by speaking clearly in English
· Must have fine motor skills
· Ability to work at a rapid pace with numerous interruptions
· Ability to remain calm in very stressful situations and in dealing with upset people
· Demonstrates tact, versatility and adaptability
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrates a high degree of self motivation and directional initiative
· Functions independently
· Able to transfer patients of all sizes from the wheelchair or stretcher/table and vice versa
· Able to push stretchers and wheelchairs
Reports to: Front Office Supervisor
Positions Supervised: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ HAZARDS:
Noise level, exposure to weather conditions, etc.
· Possible exposure to communicable diseases
· Possible verbal or physical abuse
· Potential equipment and device/product hazards
· Potential lifting hazards and other potential physical hazards
· Any repetitive movement or activities, i.e. using a keyboard