Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
Under the direct supervision of licensed personnel, performs basic direct and indirect patient care duties in support of the treatment and care of patients. Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
Participants work side by side with a Registered Nurse and apply theoretical knowledge to everyday patient care situations.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Qualified students must either be a junior or senior in an Associate or Bachelors degree-nursing program in an accredited institution.
· Nursing student must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above.
· Must be accepted into a nursing school within an accredited institution.
· Must be in a clinical rotation, or have completed at least one clinical rotation.
· Must be available to work during: Christmas holidays, summer and four (4) days per month to include one weekend shift per month.
· Must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from their nursing instructors.
· Preference will be given to those with no previous disciplinary problems including attendance, customer service and work performance.
· Current DeKalb Medical employees must complete a transfer request along with a letter of recommendation from supervisor.
· This program is limited to two years only. When he/she graduates from nursing school he/she will be required to transfer into another position or resign.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance procedure manuals.
· Ability to speak effectively with physicians, patients and others.
· Ability to handle complex problems or health issues of patients.
· Ability to compute rate, percent and ratio to interpret and draw bar graphs.
· Demonstrates tact, versatility, and dependability.
· Positive attitude and demeanor
· Effective team member.