Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
Summary of Position:
Cash Posting Specialist will be responsible for posting all payments received in the daily Lock Box deposits to patient accounts. This will also include posting contractual allowances from remittances as required and maintaining a log of all daily cash received. Cash Posting Specialist will process private pay, Medicare and Medicaid electronic payments, assist with working the TCE Report, balance cash and the general ledger cash clearing account. This position will be responsible for DeKalb Medical Center and Decatur Hospital functions.
1. Logs and maintains a daily cash control log of all payments received.
2. Posts all batches of payments received in the daily Lock Box deposit to patient accounts, balancing each batch with the bank total.
3. Posts contractual allowances from remittances when the allowance does not appear on the account for outpatient services.
4. Refers in-patient remittances to the Contract Accounts Specialist when there is a difference in the amount indicated on the remit and the amount posted on the account.
5. Posts the appropriate service code to all zero payments.
6. Processes private pay payments, Medicare and Medicaid remittances electronically.
• High School graduate.
• At least two (2) years experience in a similarly related position, cash posting and reconciliation.
• Ten-key calculator and computer experience required.
• Ability to navigate multiple systems with limited instructions.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Provides timely feedback to Collection Manager or Senior Cash Posting Specialist of any posting problems.
• Assists in other duties as assigned by Collection Manager or Senior Cash Posting Specialist.
• Accepts assignments willingly.
• Able to perform assignments with minimal instructions.
• Completes all tasks assigned.