The Environmental Services Technician is responsible for providing a clean, sanitary and attractive environment. Conducive to supporting direct care and other services with minimum disturbances to the comfort and safety of patients, visitors and employees.
1. Actualizes the DeKalb Medical Center IREACH Mission, Vision, and Value statement.
2. Promotes Customer Service mindset. Treats others courteously and with respect
3. Constantly works towards the improvement of customer satisfaction.
4. Dusts and Damp mops floors,
5. Vacuums carpets when carpet is present.
6. Dusts furniture, equipment, window sills, and damp wipes surfaces with germicidal disinfectant.
7. Maintains equipment daily to ensure that it is in clean condition and in good repair.
8. Maintains good public relations with all patients, facility and staff personnel.
9. Empties Waste containers and trash (Inside, and outside of facility). Damp wipes containers and relines with a clean waste liner.
10. High dusts and damp wipes horizontal surfaces.
11. Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion, and reports and needed equipment or furniture repairs to the supervisor.
12. Cleans and polishes bathtubs, sinks, mirrors and similar fixtures.
13. Cleans restrooms including toilets, sinks, showers, and fixtures.
14. Replenishes hand soaps, paper towels, toilet tissue, and re-stock supplies.
15. Spot wash walls and wall fixtures within reach.
16. Responsible for daily cleaning of patient rooms and terminal cleaning of discharged rooms including washing and remaking of beds.
17. Responsible for cleaning offices, utility rooms, exam rooms, waiting rooms, and other ancillary rooms within areas of assignment.
18. Responsible for responding to emergency requests for clean ups and needs within the area of assignment.
19. Assumes responsibility for the quality standard in his/her areas.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: