The Rehabilitation Aide assists the physical therapist by preparing patients and equipment for physical therapy and treatments. Performs duties under the direct supervision of the Physical, Occupational, Recreational, and other therapist as appropriate.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Assists the physical therapist in the practice of therapeutic intervention.
- Performs limited treatment procedures as assigned and in accordance with level of training.
- Prepares the patient and equipment for treatments.
- Prepares and maintains treatment and support areas.
- Provides goal-oriented, age-appropriate rehabilitation services following all internal/external regulations.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
- Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to provide excellent customer and personal services.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to perform a variety of job tasks with flexibility & accuracy, including data entry and clerical.
- Must have good communication skills, able to interact with patients, caregivers, physicians & nursing staff.
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Reports to: Manager of Rehabilitation, Director Rehabilitation, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Recreational Therapist