The Clinical Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to DeKalb Medical patients through integrated drug distribution, clinical services, research, and teaching. The Clinical Pharmacist may provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Graduate of accredited school of pharmacy with Doctor of pharmacy (Pharm D)
· Current active Georgia Pharmacist License.
· Minimum one year hospital experience
· Completed PGY1 Hospital Pharmacy Residency and /or board certified in related field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Must be computer literate with pharmacy systems and MS Word
· Proficient in typing
· Able to perform pharmacy math calculations,
· Proficient in English
· Possess the ability to relate appropriately to patients, staff and physicians.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Possess personal qualities such as caring, understanding, respect, judgment, and integrity.
· Must be able to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and in front of groups.
· Demonstrates tact, versatility, and adaptability.
· Able to work under pressure.
· Demonstrates high degree of self-motivation and initiative. Functions independently.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to use computers.
· Positive and consistent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to demonstrate objective, critical thinking skills.
· Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
· Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Minimal supervision from Director of Pharmacy and Manager of Pharmacy Operations
Moderate to minimal for Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy residents, Students and volunteers.