The Technical Specialist collaborates with the Lab Manager and other administrative and technical personnel to ensure 24 hour laboratory service. Performs job duties in accordance with Lab and hospital procedures, policies and protocols. Supports hospital and laboratory objectives and goals.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Should have at least two (2) years work experience in a clinical laboratory.
· ASCP registry or registry eligible or equivalent registry (AMT, NCA, CLS, AABB).
· Additional courses in personnel management and business administration would be helpful but are not essential.
· Must meet all requirements prescribed by the Georgia Department of Human Resources for supervisory laboratory personnel
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Understands and displays knowledge of position and department in conjunction with hospital and laboratory mission and goals
· General knowledge of laboratory tests performed and age related normal values or special needs
· Knows how to gather data necessary for quality assurance measurement and customer satisfaction investigation and assists in developing process improvement plans.
· Demonstrates the ability to establish priorities and work efficiently
· Demonstrates adequate computer skills with all applicable computer programs
· Makes good judgments and resolve crisis without sacrificing integrity or compromising quality
· Working knowledge of office procedures and office management.
· Strong and effective leadership skills
· Ability to interact positively with people from all organizational levels
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Good organization skills and attention to details and accuracy.
· Ability to coordinate and handle multiple priorities.
· Ability to work under pressure on a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and self-starting skills.
· Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals
Reports to: Lab Manager
Positions Supervised: Laboratory Staff