The Wellness Coach I is responsible for providing a safe environment and effective exercise environment for members of the facility by supervising exercise programs, educating members, and establishing a personalized program of exercise.
1. Provides supervision of exercise, including assisting members with their exercise and fitness program.
2. Evaluates each member’s fitness needs and provides the appropriate exercise program to meet their goals, including personal instruction if required.
3. Promotes of facility activities and/or events to provided proper interaction among members.
4. Conducts new user fitness assessments and/or orientations in accordance with facility standard.
5. Provides fitness assistance and connecting with members.
6. Ensures that all exercise areas, locker rooms and equipment are in safe and effective working condition, including a level of cleanliness that meets facility standards.
7. Monitors the track and pool areas for safe exercise practices.
8. Conducts oneself at all times with professionalism that aligns with values, philosophies, and standards of the facility.
9. Assists at the front desk as needed.
10. Attends scheduled employee meetings.
11. Responds to all emergency situations according to facility policy and procedures.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Minimum of one year’s experience in the medical fitness or health/wellness industry preferred
· College certificate or associate’s degree in exercise science, health/wellness, fitness, recreation, or a related field; bachelor’s degree preferred
· Certification from ACSM, ACE, or an NCCA-accredited fitness organization
· Successful completion of the EIM credential training course and EIM credential examination
· EIM course and examination exempt for NCCA-accredited fitness certification and BS/BA in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology
· Certification in AED/CPR