The Wellness on Wheels Imager Mammographer will be responsible for the management and program administration of DeKalb Medical Mobile Mammography services through Wellness on Wheels, while ensuring optimal and efficient delivery of services. Responsible for maintaining and managing client relationships and ensuring the viability and growth of the Program. Reports regularly on key performance indicators to Director and other stakeholders. As an Imager Mammographer, performs mammography exams and screenings according to Physicians’ orders, while ensuring the highest quality, efficiency and patient experience; all within the scope of license, certification, registration and/or assessed competencies, procedures and practice guidelines.
- Program Administration
- Manages, fosters and develops client relationships, ensuring new business for the Program.
- Brokers mobile mammography events with clients based on availability of the van and staff. Point of contact for all communications ensuring great customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates staff scheduling and assignments.
- Maintains Wellness on Wheels calendars and shared file sites updated to ensure communication of events to all stakeholders, including hospital departments who are involved in the Mobile Mammography process. Email communication of upcoming events to all team members.
- Ensures insurance verification, coverage, eligibility and proper registration of patients for upcoming event are completed as required.
- Ensures reminder calls to patients are completed in coordination with other departments who assist the Wellness on Wheels program.
- Creates marketing material for clients and community events. Maintains communication with clinic sites with timely updates on participation, changes on the schedule or cancelations for upcoming clinics.
- Responsible for maintaining medical record data and follow-up documentation recorded into appropriate systems and filed appropriately; as well as maintaining log books, manuals and departmental surveys, certifications, equipment maintenance documentation.
- Ensuring that a daily summary report of patient participation is communicated to client and internal stakeholders. As well as monthly statistical reports on visit volume to management and Finance Department.
- Imager Mammographer
- Operates mobile radiographic equipment and performs diagnostic x-rays of the breast by using technical skills to obtain quality images and determines patient’s needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians.
- Prepares room and explains to patient the radiographic procedures that will take place.
- Process exposed radiographs using computer generated methods. May provide assistance in radiopharmaceutical administration, monitoring patients’ vital signs and notifying radiologist of any relevant changes.
- Operates computer systems to include BBOC, PACS, SCM, Tempus, E File Share, PenRad, Allscripts and NextGen.
- Completes quality control activities, minor equipment operation and report malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Collects and maintains records of patients examined, procedures performed, medical histories as well as current file of examination protocols.
- Attend in-services required by DeKalb Medical Center and specific Imaging Services.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
- Position may work occasional weekends or a schedule that fits the clients’ needs.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High School Diploma with expereince in related field
· ARRT registered or registry eligible by ARRT.
· Mammography certified with 3 years experience as an imager.
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Customer Service experience in Healthcare setting.
· BCLS Certified.
· Valid GA Driver’s License. Clean 3 Year Motor Vehicle Report.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficient in scheduling and EHR systems. The following software programs are preferred: Allscripts, NextGen, Oder Facilitator, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, Applied Health Analytics and Share Point.
- Superb Customer Services Skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of Process Improvement and Quality Assurance Methodology (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.), preferred.
- Ability to remain calm and provide excellent service even in stressful situations and in dealing with a variety of diverse population.
- Ability to function independently after orientation.
- Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed