Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
Award Winning Care:
Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care (2007-2013)
Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence (2007-2013)
Sleep Disorders Center of Excellence
2010 Corporation of the Year- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
Top Workplace in Healthcare:
Recognized by our Employees and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a 2011 Top Workplace
Voted by our Employees and Atlanta Magazine as a 2008 Best Place to Work
“Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeKalbMedicalCareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeKalbMedicalHR
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for appropriately managing the therapeutic needs of patients through independent utilization of critical decision-making and judgement skills. An individualized OT plan of care for patients is developed through assessing, planning, implementing, and revising the plan as needed. Quality patient care is also maintained through timely communication with the team regarding patient progress toward functional outcomes, cooperation with team members and other health care professionals, and timely and appropriate documentation. The OT is responsible for facilitating the meeting of Rehab Results Group and DeKalb Medical Center objectives through maintenance of professional standards, competency, and participation in appropriate work groups. The Occupational Therapist works with adolescents, adult and geriatric population.
1. Educational requirements include a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. Licensed in the state of Georgia in Occupational Therapy.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary team in rehabilitation services and a diverse,
professional staff within the hospital.
4. Membership and participation in the American Occupational Therapy Association and Georgia Occupational
Therapy Association is desirable.
5. Must possess proven skills in communication, organization, flexibility, and interpersonal skills.
6. Must be able to handle more than one task at a time.