Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical and secretarial duties to support the effective operations of the Nursing Resources Staffing Office.
- Assists patients, family members, visitors, doctors, physicians, volunteers or employees with inquiries; including routing complaints to Patient Relations.
- Answers phone calls, takes accurate messages, transfers calls to appropriate individuals and responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Receives calls from absent nursing employees. Documents calls, and informs appropriate unit manager/supervisor.
- Based on staffing needs, contacts alternative staff by phone to arrange coverage.
- Maintains and updates schedules, reports and directories
- Completes data entry necessary to support nursing department scheduling needs with accuracy.
- Assists staff, customers, and contractors with badging, parking and access issues.
- Facilitates the processing of new employees by training them on various systems, and policies and procedures.
- Assist funeral homes with paperwork and retrieval of deceased patients
- Coordinates services with sitter agencies
- Sort and file various documents; establish and prepare new files/categories within established filing systems
- Monitors and maintains office equipment and supplies
- Maintains an orderly and organized front office workspace
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work with detailed, confidential material
- Ability to work independently and to work
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in keyboarding and comfortable using MS Office applications.
- Proper telephone etiquette skills required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed