The Project Manager- DMPG is responsible for planning and delivering multiple projects within DMPG and by aligning business units goals and objections. This includes defining project scope, developing project plans, negotiating for resources, managing cost/ROI, communicating effectively to project stakeholders and achieving planned milestones. May participate in developing policy and strategic plans for the department.
1. Leads all aspects of assigned projects including initiation, planning, monitoring, execution (implementation) and closing activities.
2. Insures project deliverables are on time and on budget while meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
3. Works closely with management to define project scope and objectives, develop project plans, develop communication plans, schedules, and resource plans.
4. Tracks project progress and conducts status meetings.
5. Effectively communicates project expectations, project goals and scope to project stakeholders.
6. Creates detailed project status reports, risk assessments, charters and issue logs for management and project team.
7. Manages scope and mitigates risk for projects.
8. Manages and achieves expense goals set for projects and accurately forecasts project expenses relative to budget. Ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
9. Manages vendor relationships including service delivery and overall performance as pertains to assigned projects
10. Uses critical path methodology and change management skills to manage assigned projects.
11. Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. Uses project delivery metrics to measure and improve team performance
12. Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple simultaneous projects.
13. Identifies process and/or operational improvement opportunities.
14. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
15. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Bachelor’s degree required or combination of education and 3+ years managing projects in the healthcare industry , preferably hospital or health industry
· Capability of running multiple projects simultaneously
· PMP Certification required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Must have strong leadership and analytical skills.
· Must be well organized and systematic in work processes,
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
· Proven understanding of the Project Lifecycle.
· Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problemsolving capabilities
· Proficient in MS Project with in-depth use experience.
· Demonstrated management of projects with proven results – on time, on budget, within scope.
· Experience with estimating; project scheduling/planning and tracking methods.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion
· Experience facilitating requirements gathering sessions and understanding of use cases.
· Solid knowledge of project risk and issue management.
· Knowledge of project development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation.
· Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Viso and other tools for communication/documentation purposes.
· General knowledge of computerserver, and networking knowledge.