The Emergency Department Case Manager performs initial patient assessments for utilization review, care coordination, and discharge planning purposes in the Emergency Department. The ED Case Manager combines their professional knowledge base and experience with critical thinking skills to support the delivery of effective and efficient ED patient care. The ED Case Manager works collaboratively with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the ED in determining the most appropriate level of care for continuation of treatment: inpatient admisson, observation admission, or discharge.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
· Current Georgia Licensure as a Registered Nurse
· Minimum of two (2) years recent acute care experience required, with emergency department clinical experience preferred
· Utilizaton Review and/or discharge planning experience strongly preferred
· Case Management Certification preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· High degree of self motivation and directional initiative.
· Excellent customer service skills and strong drive to provide compassionate care.
· Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
· Strong communication skills with ability to effectively communicate technical information to patients and families.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary healthcare teams.