Performs clinical duties while acting as a member of the interdisciplinary patient care team on the 1800 Behavioral Health Services Crisis Stabilization Unit. Responsibilities include providing basic patient care as well as assisting with administrative tasks on the 1800 Unit.
Staff member provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations.
Under the direction of the charge nurse performs all duties assigned as a member of the multidisciplinary team. These include providing basic patient care and acting as a therapeutic agent in groups.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High school graduate
· Bachelors degree in psychology, social work or related field preferred
· Prior experience in psychiatric, substance abuse, or hospital setting preferred
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and complete assignments within deadlines
· Flexibility, ability to work on several cases simultaneously
· Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of customers including colleagues
· Demonstrated and unwavering commitment to customer service excellence at all times, under all conditions
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills under all conditions
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to function independently while supporting department & hospital objectives & goals
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Hospital experience with psychiatric patients.
• Previous experience as a nursing student or nursing assistant preferred.
• If recovering from an addiction, must have at least 2 years recovery.
• Must possess the ability to empathize with others.
• Able to remain calm and deal appropriately with crisis situations.
• Able to set limits with patients.