The Catering To You Associate II performs various routine work in the patient services areas to ensure efficiently served meals and to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Performs a variety of tasks so that the patient receives the correct supplement or tube feeding and at the correct time.
- Performs a variety of tasks so that the patient receives the correct tray, at the correct time and temperature
- Performs tasks involved in maintaining a clean work environment
- Organizes time, supplies, and equipment efficiently and effectively
- Removes trash and performs general cleaning of surfaces, food lines, dishes and any other area needed
- Stocks condiments, beverages, coolers, disposables and anything as else needed and properly stores it all
- Adheres to CTY performance and service standards
- Documents all NOW trays, supplements, nourishments and food items provided to patients
- Provides excellence in customer service through courteous and timely delivery following specific diet orders prescribed to each patient by the doctor
- Handles hot pans of food
- Insures proper rotation of stock
- Adheres to temperature and sanitation standards
- Follows sanitary and safe work procedures in performing tasks.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High school diploma or vocational training in food service
- Minimum of 1 year of institutional food service experience
- Demonstrates required competencies
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be able to read menus and recipes for putting together trays or special beverages
- Must be able to learn some basic knowledge of special diets
- Must be able to operate food service equipment such as, the dish-machine, coffee and tea urns, toaster, microwave and blender
- Must be mentally and physically quick in order to handle demands during mealtimes
- Ability to use equipment used in café for food preparation
- Subject to physical strain due to lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying equipment and supplies
- Must be able to transport food carts 6/10 of a mile 2 times a day
- Must be able to walk or stand 95% of day
- Professional appearance and organizational skills
- Ability to see, read, write and speak and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and distinctly in English
- Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public speaking, and in writing
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast paced environment
- Skill and ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks
Reports to: Group Lead/Catering To You Supervisor/Patient Services Manager/Director
Positions Supervised: none
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed