DeKalb Medical is hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) Nurse Manager of Women and Infant Services Full Time Day Shift near Atlanta.
The full time Registered Nurse Manager job in our Women and Infant Services department
Oversees the operation of OB Community Education department including Education and Lactation Center staff.
Registered Nurse Manager Women and Infant Services Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Requirements:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Current Georgia license to practice as a RN
3-5 years OB related experience.
B.S. in Nursing or related specialty desired.
Certification as International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) preferred
Certification in childbirth education preferred
RTS Bereavement training and instructor training preferred
Registered Nurse Manager Women and Infant Services Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee budget for cost center.
- Supervises and performs evaluations on OB Community Education staff. Provides on-going feedback and coaching to improve performance.
- Is familiar with AWHONN, The Joint Commission, and other agency standards, assists to ensure standards are met.
- Works with W&I Nurse Managers as well as Nurse Educators and Clinical Nurse Specialist to assist with staff education, competency and development.
- Works with Referral Center to provide current information to the community regarding services offered through W&I Departments.
- Works with Volunteer Services Director to ensure smooth operation of service.
- Works with community to establish and maintain volunteer base for W&I Departments.
- Assists the CNS/Educators in proving staff lunch and learns.
Nurse Manager OB Community Education Responsibilities:
Lactation Center Responsibilities:
- Reviews and revises standards of care and policies and procedures for Lactation Services as well as patient education are current and research based.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Attends weekly Mother Baby WIG meeting; makes weekly commitment, updates My4dx weekly.
- Supports W&I WIG goal.
- Role model to all W&I staff both verbal and non-verbal.
- Completes discharge phone calls and provides weekly reports to Director.
- Implements service recovery as needed and provide ongoing staff feedback.
Recruits, selects, trains, and supervises departmental staff. Evaluates performance, making recommendations for personnel actions and motivation of employees to achieve superior performance.
Oversees time and attendance coordination for assigned staff, including monitoring overtime and productivity
Develops and monitors departmental budget. Ensures appropriate provision and utilization of departmental resources.
Actively participates in setting, monitoring and achieving goals for the department.
Promotes and facilitates continuous quality improvement activities to ensure the provision of and improvement upon safe and quality patient care.
Are you interested in becoming a Nurse Manager in DeKalb Medical's Women and Infant Services department? Then, apply today by contacting email@example.com