Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) Palliative Care - M-F Days - Inpatient - DeKalb Medical Physicians Group
Join DeKalb Medical Physicians Group!!
We are looking for an experienced PA or NP to join our inpatient Palliative Care team of Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Social Workers and Chaplains.
Qualified candidates will have at least two years clinical experience as a PA or NP, with a preference for previous palliative care, hospice, critical care or oncology experience.
Dekalb Medical offers the following:
For more information on this position, apply on-line at www.dekalbmedical.org
Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients as part of an outpatient family medicine practice, under the direction of a supervising physician.
1. Meets competency based standards of practice according to certification and facility policy and procedures, code of conducts and board requirements;
2. Obtains comprehensive patient histories and physicals;
3. Performs physical examinations including screening examinations;
4. Orders and/or performs routine diagnostic procedures;
5. Identifies normal and abnormal findings on histories, physical examinations and commonly performed diagnostic studies;
6. Assesses patients and develop and implement age-appropriate treatment plans for patients using evidenced based clinical practice guidelines, standards of practice and current research and literature;
7. Monitors effectiveness of therapeutic interventions;
8. Reviews assessment and plan of care and collaborate with physician in accordance with the federal, state, local laws and regulations;
9. Exercises prescriptive authority to prescribe according to federal, state and local laws and regulations;
10. Makes appropriate referrals to both physicians, specialists and community resources;
11. Collaborates with physician and other health care disciplines regarding patient care as appropriate to achieving quality outcomes;
12. Performs documentation and prescriptive audits in accordance with the federal, state and local laws and regulations;
13. Performs developmental, well exams and preventive care screening exams;
14. Performs wound care management: suturing, incision and drainage of uncomplicated superficial abscess, removal superficial foreign bodies, biopsy of superficial lesion;
15. Administration of intravenous fluids;
16. Administration, monitoring or maintaining local anesthesia as defined by the federal, state and local laws;
17. Performs procedures as defined by discipline scope of practice and facility by-laws;
18. Provides patient education, coaching, counseling;
19. Participates in quality outcome initiatives;
20. Participates in practice efficiencies, fiscal responsibility, and practice initiatives;
21. Maintains all licensure and compliance laws and regulations according to federal, state, and local laws and regulations;
22. Maintains certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (“CPR”);
23. Participates in professional development through participation in professional organizations, student preceptor, staff education, research and conferences, presentations, publishing and educational initiatives;
24. Exhibits professional and leadership style that promotes patient, peer and supervisory satisfaction;
25. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and board certified as an adult or family nurse practitioner and eligible for a Georgia license with authorization to practice as a nurse practitioner OR
• Graduate of an accredited Masters level Physician Assistant program with current certification from the NCCPA.
• Must be eligible for PA licensure in the state of Georgia.
• Minimum two years clinical experience with a preference for palliative care, oncology, or internal medicine.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Skill and ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
• Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
• Skill and ability to plan and organize and manage multiple projects
• Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
• Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Knowledge and skill to gather and summarize data from multiple sources and analyze using common statistical functions
• Skill and ability to manage internal and external relationships
• Skill and ability to lead and take initiative
• Candidate must be very flexible and able to work in a challenging and unpredictable clinic environment.
• Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
• Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Reports to: Director of Advanced Practice Providers
Positions Supervised: NA