Prepares hot and cold food items to provide to our patients, retail areas, doctors lounge and catered events.
- Prepares salads, sandwiches and desserts for patients, retail and catered events in a nutritious and appetizing manner and meets established production time schedule
- Provides excellence in customer service through courteous and timely meal delivery while accurately following specific diet orders prescribed to each patient
- Performs a variety of tasks so that the patient receives the correct supplement or tube feeding and at the correct time.
- Ensures that work performed results in meals served to patients on time, as ordered, at the correct time and temperature and are attractively presented
- Performs tasks involved in maintaining a clean work environment
- Organizes time, supplies, and equipment efficiently and effectively
- Removes trash and performs general cleaning of surfaces, food lines and any other area needed
- Stocks area as needed with condiments, beverages, disposables and anything as else needed and properly stores it all
- Handles hot pans of food
- Insures proper rotation of stock
- Adheres to temperature and sanitation standards
- Follows sanitary and safe work procedures in performing tasks.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
- Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High school diploma or vocational training in food service
- Minimum of 2 years of institutional food service experience
- Serv Safe (preferred)
- Demonstrates required competencies
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- High degree of self-motivation and directional initiative
- Must be able to read menus and recipes
- Must have basic knowledge of common and modified diets
- Must be able to learn how to check and modify patient menus
- Must be able to operate food service equipment such as, the dishmachine, coffee and tea urns, toaster, microwave and blender
- Must be courteous and have tact in dealing with patrons
- Some initiative and judgement involved in planning duties to meet function schedules
- Must be mentally and physically quick in order to handle demands during mealtimes
- Must be able to walk or stand 95% of day
- Pleasant phone manners
- Professional appearance and organizational skills
- Ability to see, read, write and speak and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and distinctly in English
- Skill and ability to communicate verbally, including public speaking, and in writing
- Skill and ability to make decisions and solve problems by identifying creative options and/or solutions
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast paced environment
- Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
- Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Skill and ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks
Reports to: Group Lead/Production Supervisor/Executive Chef/Director
Positions Supervised: none
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed