Medical Front Office Assistant - Floater - PRN - DeKalb Medical Physicians Group
DMPG is seeking experienced Medical Front Office Assistants with superior customer service skills, experience scheduling patients, handling busy phone calls, insurance verifications, collecting payments and accurate data entry. This position floats to our offices to provide coverage while FOA's are out or during an office expansion. The goal is to find the right permanent fit.
NextGen experience is a plus, bi-lingual is a plus. A minimum of a year of Medical Front Office experience required. Medical terminology, ICD-10 knowledge also required.
Apply on line today at www.dekalbmedical.org
Represents DMPG physician offices through interactions with all patients and visitors while accurately handling the flow of patient care and all monetary transactions.
1. Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
2. Efficiently answers all incoming phone calls; takes accurate and timely messages.
3. Notifies clinical area immediately of any patient call informing the practice of a delay in their arrival.
4. Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and coordinates insurance authorizations.
5. Assists patients with account concerns and questions.
6. Collects copays, deductibles and other out-of-pocket amounts at time of visit. Issue receipts as appropriate.
7. Maintains accurate patient information in all charts and the computer system by updating patient demographic information at all visits.
8. Maintains neat and organized patient files; accurately files patient paperwork and reports in a timely manner
9. Coordinates referrals (if applicable).
10. Places appointment reminder calls.
11. Orders and maintains office supplies ( if applicable)
12. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and teams.
13. Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
14. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
• High School Diploma or GED
• One (1) year of medical office experience preferred
• Prior healthcare experience preferred
• Graduate of Medical Administration program preferred
• Valid driver’s license
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILIITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people
• Strong organization and attention to detail
• Must be proficient in the use and application of personal computers and word processing software programs
• Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to any DMPG practice in the Atlanta area.