Responsible for managing the personnel, daily operations, projects and daily maintenance/monitoring activities for the patient financial and Integration staff. Responsible for coordinating the teams application(s) system analysis, project deployment and support activities. Develops staff assignments, team structure, and directs/supervises their activities. Review and evaluate staffs work and prepares performance evaluations. Responsible for the team’s customer service excellence, making decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.) and upholding the code of conduct policy. Provides input to department level direction regarding standards, policies, budget constraints, employee and vendor relations. Functions as a critical liaison between IT and the corporate level departments which include, but may not be limited to, patient scheduling, registration, medical records, and business office processes. Primary responsibility is to optimize the workflow across the financial cycle functions leveraging all existing software tools and recommending workflow changes, staff cross-training, organizational design optimization, system configuration changes, and potentially new software/modules. This position will also assist in defining system workflow scope and objectives through research and fact finding combined with an understanding of applicable business/integration systems and industry best practices. Investigates solutions to issues and presents recommendations to both IT and Financial cycle management. Develops and maintains workflow, training, use, methodologies for new employee orientation, and business continuity documentation as necessary. Responsible for defining the use of current software tools toward department workflow optimization while maintaining knowledge of emerging changes in the financial cycle industry.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
-Bachelor’s degree in CIS, Math, Finance/Business or other relevant area
-Must have a minimum of 6+ health care business office work experience.
-Must have a minimum of 5 years personnel management experience.
-Must have a minimum of 6+ patient financial systems experience in patient financial health care.
Desired/preferred: Master’s degree in a business. Specific coordination or management work experience in any area of billing cycle, HIM, business office at an acute care facility. Experience with a consulting firm or software vendor implementing patient financial systems.
Note: Relevant experience includes experience in and understanding of one or more of the following: General ledger/Accounts Payable, Patient Management, Patient Financial Services, Decision Support, Contract Management, and Project Management.
Degree of Supervision Received: Minimal, goal oriented. This is a leadership position where the incumbent is expected to exhibit an independent work ethic.
Degree of Supervision Given to Others: Position has direct reports who are responsible for meeting goals.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Must possess an understanding and experience in business office workflow
· Must possess an understanding of and experience in implementing patient financial applications
· Must have experience in executing EHR upgrades
· Must possess strong decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
· Must possess strong project leadership and management skills particularly within the HIT space
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as to interact with all levels within the company.
· Must have an understanding of change management methodology; preferably in alignment with ITIL practices.
· Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
· Must have overall working knowledge of application system integration.
Director Patient IT Applications