The Pharmacy Technician II performs supervised patient care related tasks which include but is not limited to preparing unit dosed medications, compounding complex sterile IV admixtures, chemotherapy, and dispensing of pharmacist checked medications to the patient care areas. Will provide the pharmacy staff technical and administrative support in the day-to-day activities of designated pharmacy operations. The Pharmacy Technician II may provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· High school diploma or Graduation Equivalent Diploma is required
· Current PTCB certification required
· Current registration and licensure with the Georgia Board of Pharmacy
· Minimum of one year hospital pharmacy experience, including unit dose/IV mixture preferred.
· Familiarity with current hospital drug distribution systems and progressive pharmacy services
· Basic mathematics skills
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner via telephone and in person
· Ability to interact with peers, patient caregivers, patients/family members, and other customers that represent DeKalb Medical positively.
· Strong customer service skills
· Knowledge of USP 797 requirements
· Ability to use a computer and related software applications.
· Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.