The Neonatal Respiratory Therapist is a clinical professional who utilizes the departments’ scope of services to access; plan; implement and evaluate patient care as an integral member of the healthcare team. The Neonatal therapist works under the direction of the physician and in accordance with hospital protocols along with other healthcare providers.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Graduate of an AMA, CAAHEP, CoARC Respiratory Therapy Program
· Associates or Bachelors Degree in Respiratory Therapy is required.
· Licensed by the State of Georgia
· Current BLS and NRP certification required
· Current Membership in the National Board of Respiratory Care
· Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Skill and ability to communicate verbally and in writing
· Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced environment
· Skill and ability to provide airway management and critical thinking skills
· Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to change
· Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively as part of a team