Performs a variety of hemodynamic evaluations to detect obstructions, as directed by a physician or in response to previous test results, including: carotid duplex ultrasound imaging, arterial duplex imaging, venous duplex imaging and doppler ultrasound, plethysmography, pressure measurements and other methodologies to evaluate patients suspected of having peripheral vascular disease.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Graduate of an AMA approved program
· ARDMS or CCI certification as Registered Vascular Technician or Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS) required upon hire
· Minimum of one year clinical experience in peripheral vascular imaging, two years preferred.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required
· An equivalent combination of relevant education and or experience may be considered